Tuesday, June 29, 2010

memories

makena and i were on an evening bike ride and it was just so peaceful out..
such a great way to end our busy summer day..

she looks up at me with her humongous orange helmet and little legs pedaling as fast as fast can be and says..

"mommy! today i learnnnned to swiiiiiiim, i have my first REALLY wiggy tooooth,
i can ride my bike soooo fast..

AND.

i am going into the first grade soon!"

she had the biggest pearly white smile on her face and you could see she was just..
 SO HAPPY..
it made my heart sing..
i am so sure that, that night, that moment with the sun setting..
 will be with her forever..
i could just tell that was a BIG MOMENT for her....
and me.

1 comment:

ali said...

seriously, where has the time gone?!?!? She is so GORGEOUS! I need to call you...we have news.